Skills and Experience
- Bachelor / Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Business Information Systems.
- Minimum 10Y of experience as Software Engineer, preferably full stack.
- Proven experience leading dev teams with successful results using agile methodologies and Devops practises
- Proven experience on system integration in complex environments.
- Excellent knowledge of project, application and platform architecture using Java based technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modelling frameworks.
- Should have sound experience in the following technologies:
- Java, Testing frameworks, Front-end frameworks
- SOA principals, Security patterns, Java Application servers
- SOAP / Restful Web Services, Event driven design using Broker
- CI/ CD: Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, Sonar , SVN, Git, Ansible or similar tools
- Configuration Management/Source Control and Build Automation processes
- Considered as plus
- Telecom domain understanding
- Apache Camel, OSGI (Karaf), JBoss AS / EAP , Red Hat SSO , Red Hat Fuse
- BPM platforms ideally Alfresco Activiti
- PaaS solutions like Cloudfoundry , Openshift
- Microservices, Docker, Containers, Orchestration (Swarm, Kubernetes)
- JIRA, Confluence, Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices
Roles and Responsibilities
As Tech Lead
- Actively writes code.
- Responsible for setting standards and follow the overall quality of the deliveries of his team
- Will define principles of software development (processes, technology chosen , coding standards, IDE configuration ) across the different development teams.
- Report progress, status and risks to Project and / or IT Manager
- Leads and coordinates development teams:
- following Agile (Scrum) project methodology
- communicate successfully concepts, guidelines and specifications
- mentoring / coaching increasing the satisfaction and efficiency of his team
- Introduces and follows up best practises (programing style, project archetypes, code styles, ci cd pipelines, version management, dependency management, release management, code review, test coverage, review of documentation etc).
- Can work both directly with business converting business requirements into software design or with the solution, architecture team (bigger projects) transforming functional and technical specifications to software architecture and design.
- Ensure software meets all standards of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Anticipate future requests in his design and work towards reducing technical dept.
- Focus on key quality attributes that drive out architectural vision (scalability, performance, usability concerns, etc)
- Can works in RnD mode performing POC for future project / application / platform architecture
- Performs or reviews assessments and effort estimations for future possible projects
- Team player who is flexible and able to work with end-users and technical users
- Excellent communication skills must be able to clearly communicate ideas, decisions and reasoning to both technical and non-technical team members.
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Must be able to work within a fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines
- A technical mind-set with great attention to detail
- Creativity in addressing technical challenges / problem solver / analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- English and French is a must
- German and / or Luxembourgish considered an asset